+ Reply to Thread
    wow 4yrs already huh?

international text/phone calls

hey guys, i am having some issues with my sprint phone and its plan. i have the sprint plan that is around 400mins that can increase if you need it to buy specific blocks of mins.( sorry i forgot the name but i am at work and can't think of it) i also have unlimited text and internet.

now my fiance is in sweden for a while and when i try to call her it says that i cant make a call to this number because my account doesn't have access and i have to call a sprint rep to add that to my account...or something along those lines. i also can't send a text to her or recive a text from her swedish cell phone. i called the sprint phone people and i got some stuff about i can't text a country that i dont have listed on my international plan which i find to be odd. other people at my job can call internationaly no problem so i guess this is either a sprint thing or just something on my plan.

ohh she can call me no problem just not the other way around. i called and had them add sweden to my plan at $4 bucks a mth but they say that is going to take 3 buisness days to get put through.

so i guess what i am asking my fellow sprint users that have smartphone based plans maybe similar to mine are you guys able to make international calls out of the box? (if so which country can you call and are you able to send text internationally as well) or is this a policy sprint uses for everyone.

lastly is possible that this might be an issue with her phone so tomorrow she is going to call her phone company and ask them about it. being the impatient person i am i had to ask you guys.

later,
    will

wow 4yrs already huh?
    i see that 20 people looked at this and not one reply....was what i typed to confusing or does this not apply to anyone

I'll try to help you out. I am a Sprint Business Partner and sell the services to corporations. Your device should be able to dial internationally with or without the $4 international option. I know you had to wait three business days, so I'm assuming it's working now. If not, please let me know.

As far as the international text messaging goes...that depends on the international cell phone carriers. I have some friends that live in South Africa and Zimbabwe. I send them text messages every now and again. The user in Zimbabwe claims he sometimes receives the text messages but not always; they have tried to send me text messages but I haven't ever received them. The South African user has missed a few of my text messages but can send them to me perfectly. I'm not sure where the problem is here. Yes, it's an international text message, but I don't see why they don't go through. I can definitely bet that the issue is with the carrier that you're sending the message to and not the Sprint network. Make sure you are sending the text to the number with all of the correct international codes (011 to get out of the US, country code, and number).

Let me know if this helps any.

Geek
    Just saw this on Digg the other day. Thought it might help.

http://www.futurephone.com/

Can't say I've tried it, so I don't know how well it works. But for free it's worth a shot.