+ Reply to Thread

OSX Addressbook Sync

I have recently moved from Entourage to iSync/iCal/Addressbook. I am having a very difficult time, and it seems that only a small portion of my Addressbook gets moved over. On top of that, some contacts get merged together. Does anyone know how I might sync my entire addressbook? It is really becoming an inconvenience to be without my numbers. The problem is that Macintosh/Treo support is literally non-existant.

Also, while I prefer the OSX native apps like iCal and Mail over Entourage, iCal is a very poor manager of To-Do items. Does anyone know of a plugin or Applescript or some kind of utility that will allow me to categorize my ToDo items, yet still sync my calendar with Entourage?

Thanks.

sundevil67

Quote Originally Posted by sundevil67
    I have recently moved from Entourage to iSync/iCal/Addressbook. I am having a very difficult time, and it seems that only a small portion of my Addressbook gets moved over. On top of that, some contacts get merged together. Does anyone know how I might sync my entire addressbook? It is really becoming an inconvenience to be without my numbers. The problem is that Macintosh/Treo support is literally non-existant.
    Try "Force Slow Synchronization" - worked for me a few times. What does that do? Check out this link.

Sync

Hmmm - I'd like to try that, but now I am afraid to sync because there is no way to adjust the conduit - in other words, I am afraid the half empty addressbook on my Treo will erase the full addressbook on my computer. Anyone know how to set up the conduit so that I can guarantee the computer replaces items on the handheld?

Quote Originally Posted by sundevil67
    Hmmm - I'd like to try that, but now I am afraid to sync because there is no way to adjust the conduit - in other words, I am afraid the half empty addressbook on my Treo will erase the full addressbook on my computer. Anyone know how to set up the conduit so that I can guarantee the computer replaces items on the handheld?
    Why not just back up your Contacts database on the Mac? Go to Address Book / File / Back Up Address Book, try the "slow" sync, then if it's not what you want, just do File / Revert to Address Book Backup.