+ Reply to Thread
    back

No Hot Sync today

Got home from vacation today and attempted to hotsync - no response from the computer. It worked fine before I left. Nothing has changed AFAIK.
    Any suggestions or guidance?

back
    More info. Reset the phone, reloaded Palm Desktop. Hot sync starts, and hangs on "Synchronizing Contacts". Reset everything again, and it won't sync at all unless I reload Desktop. Than back to the hang.
    A corrupted file in the phone perhaps?

back
    Tried it on the laptop. Same result...
    Tried to do the 1.05 upgrade. Required a HotSync first, which didn't work.
    I'm out of ideas...

Assuming your handheld is where the latest data is, try turning off most conduits and instead of syunc, set handheld overrides desktop. Do the conduits one at a time. These are set in hotsync/custom.

back
    Problem appears to be the 'Contacts' conduit. If I set it to 'Do Nothing', I can complete a HotSync, and I did get the phone updated to 1.05. It didn't help though. Hot sync still won't work with any operation set on 'Contacts'. I did try 'Handheld overwrites Desktop' and it still hung.

back
    UPDATE
    I got a second 650 for troubleshooting purposes. Problem appears to be that the database is corrupted. Other databases or a blank database hotsync fine. I guess I will have to manually redo it or use an older backup as a starting point.
    New problem with the second phone. It will sync on my laptop, not on my desktop. Original phone syncs both places

back
    FIXED
    Got a copy of a Contacts database from a few months ago (before the Address XT crash), put it into Palm Desktop, updated and cleaned it up, and put the address file into my user folder, did a hard reset on the phone and hot synched.
    All OK now.
    So I have an extra 650 in good working condition....

Sometimes my 650 will not hotsync, and it is usually the cable. It must be seated in the base of the 650 exactly right or hotsync fails.