+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Memos for OSX

Memos for OSX

I have switched to OSX native applications and am no longer synchronizing my Palm with Microsoft Entourage. The problem is that I have long been depending on "memos" to store a variety of information, and have collected several hundred. Unfortunately there is no application for Mac OSX that handles this, and they are still sitting in Entourage - I have no way to transfer them to my Palm. The only option I've discovered so far is to copy each individual note (copy and paste) into Palm Desktop, which would take days - not to mention the fact that I hate that awful application, and it is very unstable. Does anyone know of another application that has an OSX-compatible interface that allows me to create notes on my mac and sync them to my Palm? Preferably with an import-feature of some kind that can speed this up?

Thanks! I am really desperate here - need help, I can't find anything even close to what I am looking for. There are just so few Mac/Palm users left out there it seems, and the support is nonexistant.

sundevil67

When I still used my Clié, I used this for memos:

http://www.queuesoft.jp/ipalmmemo-e.html

Simple, got the job done. (I miss my Clié...)

Now if someone could point out something similar for WinCE based handhelds, I'd be a very happy geek.

Thumbs up solution...

try this:
    http://www.markspace.com/products.html
    Missing Sync will work with virtually everything. OSX compatible.

I have an aversion to Missing Sync after trying to use it during a brief switch to Windows Mobile - it was a disaster. Neither that or PocketMac could successfully sync with my Macintosh. It caused a ton of extra work and a big headache. That application aramis mentioned seems perfect. However after I installed it and created a few notes, I noticed something odd. I quit the application and restarted it, and voila - all of the notes I'd just created were gone. Unfortunately the FAQs and documentation are not very thorough...any ideas?

I'm just a recent user of Missing Sync, I can't comment on previous versions, but the current version works fine for syncing memos, and everything else. I did have some problems at first getting iCal to sync properly using Missing Sync, but finally I did work. The trick seemed to be (1) to a "reset sync history" as mentioned in this post on MarkSpace's website, and (2) wait, wait, wait, the first sync after doing this takes forever. But now, all syncs fine and reasonably fast, even via bluetooth.