+ Reply to Thread

Random Soft Resets

OK. I have been getting random soft resets lately on my Sprint Treo 650. Randomly, during the day, when I am not even using the Treo - it will be off and in my belt case - I will hear the reset tone. Sure enough, I pull it out and it is resetting. No data is lost except when it resets, it loses my mail account info in VersaMail. That made me think there was some kind of corrupt data file in versamail. I followed the KB instruction for deleting the versamail DB files and the problem returned. The resets are not even happening at the same time interval as my auto-sync of mail. To my knowledge, no other apps are doing anything automatically. I have not added any new software lately to the Treo, so I don't know where to start to troubleshoot this one...

Any ideas?

back
    If all else fails, you can try a "zero out" reset (go to palm.com and search the reset knowledge base), and start over...

after the phone comes back on, enter ##377# in the phone app and it will tell you what app caused the crash

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ohvhost
    after the phone comes back on, enter ##377# in the phone app and it will tell you what app caused the crash
    You cannot rely on that information to tell you the cause of the crash. The method above only reports what was running in the foreground of the PalmOS at the time of the crash. Many PalmOS enhancements and programs can run in the background. It could very well have been a background application which caused the problem
    Michael

I found the problem app. It was KeyguardTime+. Deleted teh app and no more resets.

http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-...eyguardTime%2B

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ohvhost
    after the phone comes back on, enter ##377# in the phone app and it will tell you what app caused the crash.
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrDrgn
    You cannot rely on that information to tell you the cause of the crash.
    Maybe you can't rely on that information, but it sure is a great hint! My 650 had been crashing after every hotsync. After reading ohvhost's post, I tried ##377# and it told me that Sheets to Go had corrupted memory. I reinstalled the software and ¡adiós, problema!