+ Reply to Thread

Microsoft Entourage Sync Problems - DESPERATE

It works fine if I am adding or editing items in Entourage and then sending them to my Treo. The problem is that if I update or change any records in my Treo, they are not transferred back into Entourage - they are ignored or overwritten with whatever was already in Entourage. I didn't realize this was happening, and all of the changes I made in my Treo were blown away. The same thing is happening with my Contacts and Calendar. If I add a new contact or calendar event in my Treo, it does make it to Entourage; however if I update the details of an existing contact or event, the changes don't go through. It's as if it will only send new items over to the Mac. All of the Entourage conduit settings are set to "synchronize", so this should not be happening. This is making me mental. Please help!

Thanks.

sundevil67

I've been experimenting with MAC/Entourage and my Palm Treo 650 and I have to tell you it's a challenge. (Thinking about changing from PC to MAC but MSFT Office Suite for MAC is lame and have no idea if the new version due in Summer will be better)

For a company (Apple) that prides themselves on simplicity they certainly haven't stepped into the middle of this mess to help. That being said all the components to make this work is daunting. You need the latest versions of Office for MAC, Entoruage, Hot Sync, Palm Desktop. THen I found that it will not sync Tasks or Notes and if they are checked to sync it screws up other things. I got mine to work finally although I screwed up and didn't set the first time sync to "Phone over rides Desktop" and I already had desktop data in so I got a lot of duplictes in Calendar and Contacts.

Not sure if this helps but I'll be glad to exhcange settings with you, versions, etc. to see what next.

I am going to try reinstalling Palm Desktop, yet again. This is an unbelievable pain in the ass - the only aspect of my Mac universe that is this convoluded and unreliable.

Also I remember that there can only be the MSFT conduit, Palm Backup and Install Conduits in the folder on your HD library/application support/palm hotsync/conduits. Everything else should be moved to the "Diaabled Conduits" in the same sub directory under Palm HoySync. I feel ur pain...