+ Reply to Thread

Calendar Notes after Sync

I keep getting blank "notes" attached to my calendar entries on the Treo, after hotsync with outlook. Does anyone know what causes this? More important, how to stop it? Thanks.

On a perhaps related note, through LOTS of trial and error, I discovered that the only way to FULLY synchronize my Treo calender with Outlook was to HotSync 3 times in a row.

-One "normal" HotSync.
    -Then two successive HotSyncs with "Custom" set to "Desktop Overwrites Handheld" for the calender app only. Nobody at Verizon (or PalmOne) had any idea how to make this happen when I first called them 18 months ago. I just figured it out almost by accident.

I have the same problem with my 700p. I was hoping you might have an answer. 3 syncs sucks too. Whcih verison of Windows are you using? There are some versions not supported with HotSync (like Media Center or Professional x64)...

From Palm.com
    "Windows XP editions not supported by Palm devices: Media Center Edition, Professional x64 Edition, Tablet PC Edition

Current devices support the following versions of Windows XP:

Home Edition
    Professional
    These versions of Windows XP are not supported:

Media Center Edition
    Tablet PC Edition
    Professional x64 Edition
    Older devices: Older Palm- and Handspring-branded devices may not be compatible with Windows XP. If you're using a device whose software doesn't work with Windows XP, you may need to install a previous version of Palm Desktop and HotSync Manager"

XP Pro, SP2 and Outlook 2003. Hot Sync 6.0.1. Can't find the outlook conduit version.

Quote Originally Posted by robapodaca

From Palm.com
    "Windows XP editions not supported by Palm devices: Media Center Edition, Professional x64 Edition, Tablet PC Edition

No support for Tablet PC?! How disgusting. Palm also says the solution to their time zone bug is not to change time zones (Solution ID: 3113).

Who exactly do they think uses these devices ... people who sit at home with their desktop and never travel?! You'd think they would make it a priority to support mobile technologies.

Windows Mobile is looking more attractive all the time.