+ Reply to Thread

impact of DST change?

Anyone hear of any issues with the 650's or the apps and the change in DST start/edn dates?

anyone have any info? would it be best to sync then update the PC and then push everything back to the Treo with desktop overwrites?

Geek

DST Updater for Palm

I just stumbled onto this link on a ReplayTV GMail feed. Go figure!

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downloads/dst_palmos.html

Is this update necessary if auto adjustment of DST in Windows is disabled? If I manually update the time on my desktop will my handheld observe the change(s) absent the Palm update??

Quote Originally Posted by ohvhost
    Anyone hear of any issues with the 650's or the apps and the change in DST start/edn dates?
    With a Treo, you do not have to do anything to update the time, because the phone reads the time from the network (at least on Sprint; I assume it is the same with other networks), so you always have the correct local time. I travel a fair deal, and this feature works great. As soon as you cross time zones, the phone knows and changes the time.

The DST program that mattb5 mentions is designed for non-network Palm devices where the time must be set manually. However, it does do something for the Treo. It sets a DST flag in the Palm, which shows up as the small "sun" symbol just right of the "am" or "pm" on the World Clock.

If you do not upload mattb5's program, your Treo will tell the correct time, but between yesterday and the first Sunday in April (the old time-change date), you will not see the small sun on World Clock.

I guess it depends on which is more important to you; the small sun on your World Clock, or 18,432 bytes of memory.