+ Reply to Thread

Custom fabricating a permanent antenna for my sprint treo 650, looking for tips/ideas

Hello All!

I'm new to the forums, and am looking for any tips or ideas that could be contributed to my current project.

I'm designing a new antenna for my sprint 650. This antenna will be plugged through the external antenna port, and feed into a custom-fabricated antenna that will go over the current antenna nub. The finished antenna will be about 3.5'' tall, and be based on the 1900MHz sprintPCS network.

The picture shows three different diagrams, the first diagram shows the wiring approach (end-fed dipole made from the FME cable), the second diagram shows a rubber ducky/walkie-talkie antenna that will be the new antenna's housing, and the third diagram shows how the FME cable will leave the treo's external antenna adapter port, and feed into a custom hole in the OEM antenna, where it will extend into the rubber ducky.

Any ideas or thoughts would be greatly appreciated! I will keep this updated with pics/thoughts through the project!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Custom fabricating a permanent antenna for my sprint treo 650, looking for tips/ideas-antenna-sketches-round-two.jpg  

(fyi I won't be replying here, I'm dropping this page as a favorite. If anyone in the future sees this idea and is interested in how it turned out, there will be a full writeup with pictures on some of the treo specific websites, where it'll be posted under the same username)