+ Reply to Thread

photo in contacts

I lost photos off the palm but there are some that are photo of people in my contacts. What are the file name of those photos so I can save them?

cheers,

alcw

If your palm went bad, the photos might be backed up on your computer from when you did a hotsink. Maybe try a search in windows explorer or look in palm/"user name" folder? Good luck.

JohnA

Unfortunately not. The photos are not stored in the same location for contact photos as they are for usual photos.

If you were Hotsyncing with MS Outlook, then the contact photos are stored in the Outlook datafile. Using Outlook, go to Contacts and look up the individual. The photo can be accessed there.

You should also be able to Hotsync it back into your handheld. Go to the Hotsync menu, choose "Custom", highlight "Contacts (Outlook)", click "Change", Click "Desktop overwrites Handheld", then click "OK". DO NOT click "Set as default" before clicking "OK". Hotsync. I think that will restore your contact pictures, but you will loose any changes you have made to Contacts on the handheld since the last Hotsync.

Hope that helps.

-Ozzy
    Downhills and tailwinds, 73