+ Reply to Thread

Sprint Total Protection

Does anyone know what Sprint (Lockline) is replacing the Treo 650 with as a replacement?

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar
    Nope... but I was shocked that my 6600 just died and they had them available... so if I had to guess, I'd guess you'd get another 650.
    Mike - Been Converged?

all three of my replacements have been refurb 650's.

did you take it to the Sprint store or call Asurion for replacement?

i just called sprint, they transfered me and i ordered over the phone and paid my deductible each time (well except the last time where the replacement was bad)

what issue were you having with the phone? my wife's 650 has been acting up lateley...................so they transferred you to Asurion?

first time i dropped the phone on the 4day day of owning it and broke the screen. about a year later the replacement started having issues with the "p" key and the 5-way (my phone gets used and abused) and that replacement had issues with the bluetooth as soon as i received it. they replaced that one right away without any deductible charge.

i called customer service and they either transfered me or gave me the number to call directly. i dont recall exactly, but its very painless (other than the $50 deductible). the change over is easy once the new unit arrives. turn it on, call sprint on the new phone to activate and wihtin an hour its ready to go. during that tie you can transfer all your data and stuff over to the new phone and test it. once you are sure its working right, you cna hard reset to wipe your old one. then pack it up in the supplied pre-paid envelope and stick it in the mail.

most of the time if you have the complete insurance they can replace it in the store without charging you the dectutible unless there is water damage

My Brother just had a 650 replaced with a 700p. He took it to the store, and they told him to call the 800 number to have it replaced.

what's the 800 number?

800-584-3666

Yeah i was wondering what the current replacement was for the Treo 650 from Sprint.

Mine has been acting funny the last few weeks. It runs SUPER SLOW. When I type items in the Calendar with the keyboard it only takes about 1 letter every second. If you type faster that that the letter entry does not appear. Likely a software issue, I guess. Any ideas what is causing this? This behavior does not occur in memo for example.

I think there was a 1 year warenty which expired in December 2006.

Do you think they would give me a replacement?

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    Backup your 650 and then do a hard reset. Does it still have the keyboard slow response problem after a hard reset? If not, then you have a bad or conflicting piece of software loaded on it. You'll need to reload each program you have one by one in order to find the bad software. I doubt that Sprint will simply give you a replacement because one of the first things they'll tell you to do in order to debug it is hard reset it like I said above.
    Michael

I tried the Hard Reset before and no luck resolving the slow response.

I thought it would be a software conflict. But I was not sure if anyone had expereince getting a replacement for a software issue. I know it is caused by something I installed, I just did not now how a Sprint store would view the issue.

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    If you did a hard reset, and the issue is still present after doing so AND without installing anything after the hard reset, then it is a handheld problem. Sprint will likely replace it.
    Michael

Wait I might have mis-spoke. I did a soft reset.

A Hard reset actually resets the device back to out of box condition right.

Quote Originally Posted by bfbf504 View Post
    Wait I might have mis-spoke. I did a soft reset.

A Hard reset actually resets the device back to out of box condition right.
    yes a hard reset kills everything and resets it all, except for the actual phone settings setup by the provider upon activation.

Oh my GOD! Don't bother with Lockline!!!!

Guys!!! Get the 4 dollar protection!!!!!!! NOT LOCKLINE!! You have to pay a deductable with those people and you have to wait for your phone to get to you!! If you pay for the "Sprint PCS Service and Repair" which is 4 dollars, you can crack your screen, and bring it in to ANY sprint service center and they'll give you a new phone!