+ Reply to Thread

Switching from phone back to app that was open?

Hi all,

I thought I saw this tip somewhere but forgot where. When you're in an application and receive a call, is there a way to go back to that application? Sometimes it's a pain to hit the home button and go back into a program (like looking up several contacts during a long phone call) If anyone does this can you please post how here?

Thanks,
    JohnA

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    The "Stay Put" function of the program "Phone Technician" at Hobbyist Software can help you with this.
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by SilvrDrgn View Post
    The "Stay Put" function of the program "Phone Technician" at Hobbyist Software can help you with this.
    I can not find this option in Technician. Can you be more specific?

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    What version of Phone Technician are you running?? The current version is 2.90. Make sure you have the most current version! Get it here -

Phone Technician PRC file download from Hobbyist Software

The "Stay Put" function is on the main screen of the program when you start it up, second from the bottom. Attached is a screen capture of it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Switching from phone back to app that was open?-phone_technician_main_screen.jpg  
    Last edited by SilvrDrgn; 07-11-2007 at 07:31 AM.
    Michael

thanks, i upgraded and found it. however, it does not actually let the phone go to phone screen to see who is calling or dial extras digits. it just keeps the palm app up and running.

is there anything out there that will let you go back to the last open app when leaving the phone (or after hanging up)?

There's Standalone's TypeRight where you can set a specific key to "swap back" to the last app. It's in the extensions. And you can assign all your QWERTY and hardware buttons to launch or do specific tasks. I can even initiate a Hotsync or do a soft reset with the press of a button. I personally love this program and it's at a decent price. I haven't tried going to the Phone app so I'm not sure if it works for you.

Or, if you have Graffiti Anywhere installed, you can simply bring up the command line toolbar by swiping the / stroke (start from lower left and up to top right) and then go back to the last launched app.
    Last edited by maceyr; 07-14-2007 at 10:36 AM.
    Check out Flash demos of Palm apps at Palm discovery blog for Palm newbies and enthusiasts