+ Reply to Thread

got my hands on treo 650

hey folks, just got this 650 (hardware B) from a buddy of mine and want to try it out instead of my xv7600 (getting really tired of bt being a pos on the wm...)

i would appreciate some help for the noob...

1. i'm new to the palm os, is there a good guide i can read? (don't have the manual)
    2. this is a cdma device, but has no carrier logo... i can't seem to figure out who is the carrier on this phone...
    3. where do i get a latest firmware for this phone (currently has 1.05)
    4. what is the good site for the palm os apps?
    5. can you use the ms active sync with this treo?
    6. is there a good voice dial app that does not require learning kinda like ms voice commands?
    7. and finaly, how in the f do you access file explorer?

thanks all, much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by azmp1 View Post
    hey folks, just got this 650 (hardware B) from a buddy of mine and want to try it out instead of my xv7600 (getting really tired of bt being a pos on the wm...)

1. i'm new to the palm os, is there a good guide i can read? (don't have the manual)
    2. this is a cdma device, but has no carrier logo... i can't seem to figure out who is the carrier on this phone...
    6. is there a good voice dial app that does not require learning kinda like ms voice commands?

1. You can download the operating manual from PalmOne website
    2. and 3. That firmware number most likely means its a Verizon based unit
    4. They are all the same. I use Handango, TreoCentral, PalmGear,
    5. Yes, the hostync will make use of the Active Sync for Outlook items. (i think that is how it is working)
    6. none that i know of. Voice-DialIt is a decent program but a bit awkward at times. There are a handful of voice dialing programs out there though.
    7. Download the free program FileZ. That is a full package explorer type program. There is nothing built-in to the base Palm OS that is worth a crap.

Lexicon59
    Quote Originally Posted by azmp1 View Post

You can also check out Freeware Palm: the one and only site for downloading freeware files for PalmOS handhelds. for freeware that'll work on the 650. Enjoy!