+ Reply to Thread
    Geek

Question Cellink BTST-9000A with 650?

Has anyone tried the Cellink BTST-9000A bluetooth stereo headphones with the Treo 650? I found it for only $24.95. And it comes with a bluetooth USB adapter for the computer. So I figured that alone is worth almost that much. And I can use it with my computer around the house no matter what.

Or how about the new Lubix UBHS-NC1?

Geek

Thumbs up Cellink BTST-9000A on Treo 650

Ok, I received it via UPS yesterday. Woohoo! I love it when Brown shows up. Anyway, it paired right up with the 650 effortlessly for calling - in stereo, or at least mono through both earpieces. I was talking to my wife on her cell phone and she said it sounded loud on her end. I could hear her very well through both ears and she said she could hear me very well. That was pleasantly surprising.

I had to install Softick Audio Gateway to get it to work as headphones. But that was effortless. Works great with RealPlayer, Audible and TCPMP. The track forward and back work great on Real and TCPMP. I couldn't really test it with Audible right now because I only have a couple of short interviews on there now. I think it tries to go to the next chapter instead of the next book. And the interviews didn't have chapters. Pause didn't seem to work quite right on Real. It would pause for a few seconds, then just start right up again. When I called the phone from my land line it stopped the audio and picked up where it left off after the call was done, although there was a little delay there. I didn't think the audio was going to start back up again, but it did.

Now, what I thought would be the easier part is getting the thing the work on the PC. The Bluetooth dongle that comes with it was automatically discovered by Windows XP and I was able to effortlessly perform a HotSynch with my 650 using it. But that's about all I could get to work.

It comes with a CD, which I read somewhere, has the wrong version of the software. I forget where I saw the review - I think it was Amazon - where they said they had to download the correct drivers from a German Toshiba site or something. I've downloaded a few things I've found, but had a heck of a time getting the other stuff uninstalled first. I'll have to look into it more.

But overall I'm pretty happy to have a stereo bluetooth headset for $25. Of course, I guess I'm going to have to drop another $20 eventually for the Softick software after the trial. Not sure how that works. But still, I think it's a pretty good deal.