+ Reply to Thread

Question Treo 700p Browsing Question

Was wondering if you're able to browse secure internet sites (such as online banking) using the Palm browser. I'm thinking about getting a 700p and would like to find out about this prior to purchase. Wouldn't want to try to and log on to my banking site from a demo phone at the store
    Thanks,
    Lee

I log onto my credit union's secure site almost daily to stay up to date on finances. No problems at all. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by periopnurse
    Was wondering if you're able to browse secure internet sites (such as online banking) using the Palm browser. I'm thinking about getting a 700p and would like to find out about this prior to purchase. Wouldn't want to try to and log on to my banking site from a demo phone at the store
    In my experience most banking and credit card sites use some much "crap" (drop downs, frames, javascript, css, java, etc.) on their site it's generally pretty useless on the palm browsers (I haven't tried any windows handhelds on this).

I think I can check my balance at my bank but that's about it. Actually, I can click on one of the accounts and see transactions, but I have to go log in again to get back to do something different. It'd be faster for me to just dial the 1-800 number for my bank and use the prompts.

I've tried 6-8 different browsers with generally poor results. I think blazer and the Eudora text browser has given me the best results.

That's my experiences,
    Gary
    Sprint Treo 700p (previously Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Inconsistently tethered to my 700p)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme

Try the browser at the store just clear the cache after and you should be okay. If you're really nervous do a hard reset when done...

Gary
    Sprint Treo 700p (previously Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Inconsistently tethered to my 700p)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme

Thanks to everyone for the input. I tried logging on to my online banking using a Treo 650 (wells fargo) and it wouldn't work. I see that the Blazer browser version is different on the 700p (v4.5 instead of v4.0 on the treo 650 I used). Not sure if the different browser version would make a difference. Guess I'll have to try it out at the store, delete the history, and come home and change my online banking password
    Lee

I just tried, and was able to access wellsfargo.com from the 700p browser. Looks pretty much the same as on a PC, but appears to work fine.

Thanks....just got back from the store to check it out & was able to get online to the WF site Thanks for everyone's help!!
    Lee

As for myself, I have always been able to access Bank of America's website using my Treo 600, Treo 650 and Treo 700p with the stock browser (the one that came with the phones) with no problem.

Stalker768