+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MiniSD problem

MiniSD problem

I Just switched from the PPC 6700 to Treo 700wx (acctually I have both, someone gave me the 700wx for free, because they left sprint, lucky me. So now I'll switch phones every few mothns). I have a miniSD from my 6700 and I have the converter to SD. But when I put it in the 700, it wont work. Any ideas??

Thanx in advance for the help.
    Treo 600 to PPC 6700 to Treo 700wx (well I still kept my 6700, now I'll switch off ever few months)

i may be wrong but the 6700 may put certain files on it that have to be removed before it will work in another phone... I know when I went from my 6700 to a 700P I had to reformat the card. Just a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ash
    i may be wrong but the 6700 may put certain files on it that have to be removed before it will work in another phone... I know when I went from my 6700 to a 700P I had to reformat the card. Just a possibility.
    I also had the 6700 and had to reformat my card as well. Pain in the butt since you use both phones but perhaps better than buying a whole new card. Just make a folder for both phones on your computer to quickly copy the files each time you switch. Personally id just buy a new card, they're really not very expensive these days, especially the regular SD cards.

High-tech Redneck
    I came from the 6700 as well and had the same problem. I believe that I also had to copy my data off and then reformat my card. In fact, you would be doing yourself a favor by doing this anyway since it would allow you to clean up things a bit for the new device.

I figured it out (which makes me feel bad for those of you who refomated the cards). I realized that the miniSD was working (i.e. the contacts of metal/copper? on the card) and that the outside contacts of the SD card were working too, which means that the contacts of metal/copper? on the inside of the SD card were not conecting all the way. So, I removed the miniSD from the SD, squized the bottom of the SD converter a little (don't break it) and while gentaly squizing I place the miniSD in the (now being squized) SD converter. And what do you know, it worked. No formatiing or anything. Hope this helps future miniSD to SD coverter problems.
    Treo 600 to PPC 6700 to Treo 700wx (well I still kept my 6700, now I'll switch off ever few months)

i just switched yesterday, my minisd works fine w/ the treo and sd adapter.