+ Reply to Thread

Microsoft Voice Command / tethering

Okay, two questions:

Just got the 700wx from Sprint. I thought microsoft voice command was bundled with it? I do not see the program anywhere.

Also, I read the messages on using the 700 as a modem. I just turned in my ppc6700 and I used that feature often. Of course, no wmodem. However, I noticed a program called "modem link" on the 700. I started and it looks fine. However ,it can't find the drivers needed when I hook it up to my pc (shows new hardware found.. just need the drivers.).

Any help is appreciated.

Go sell crazy somewhere else ... austinbrady's Avatar
    Voice Command is there...
    Look under settings>personal>voice command.
    Sorry I cant help with your other question.
    Best Regards,
    Peace and Prosperity
    Austin A. Brady

if you can read this you've selected text!!! :)

To be able to tether you will need the plan from Sprint which is like $40 a month, or you can go the PDANET route. Which is a 3rd party app that you can buy for $40 and you wont have to worry about paying Sprint monthly... Do a search for it on google and it will pop up. And remember if you tether without a plan from Sprint withOUT PDANET you will get charged like crazy.

I figured out how to tether (I think) and have found the modem program. Are you sure that Sprint charges you (I have unlimited data plan). I tethered from my ppc6700 without any problems. I would love a confirmation of this before I try it..

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ash View Post
    To be able to tether you will need the plan from Sprint which is like $40 a month, or you can go the PDANET route. Which is a 3rd party app that you can buy for $40 and you wont have to worry about paying Sprint monthly... Do a search for it on google and it will pop up. And remember if you tether without a plan from Sprint withOUT PDANET you will get charged like crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Maher View Post
    I figured out how to tether (I think) and have found the modem program. Are you sure that Sprint charges you (I have unlimited data plan). I tethered from my ppc6700 without any problems. I would love a confirmation of this before I try it..

If you tether enough without a plan then yes they will charge you. If it is for casual browsing once in a while I wouldnt worry about it.

I cannot find the voice command on the CD

Also, it seems only Connection Manager is only modem program on the CD (and it is a link to the internet)

VC is on the device out of the box... it is not on the cd like I mentioned above. It is built into the rom. And the app I mentioned to tether is also not on the cd. You have to do a google search for it. Good luck...