+ Reply to Thread

Bluetooth DUN & PDANet *Couldn't Find Answer*

I just got a Treo 700wx (Sprint) and purchased PDANet. I'm having problems getting the Bluetooth DUN to work via the "non-Activesync" method.

Go to BT Desktop mgr.
    "New Connection"
    "Search Device"
    "Connect to Device"
    "Passkey: 0000"
    "Create Dial Up Connection"

Once I complete, I see a new connection in my BT Mgr.

When I connect to the new connection via PDANet, it gives me:

"Bluetooth not found or setup properly"

What am I doing wrong?

Techie in a Cowboy Town
    with my Verizon treo wx and w .... I had to load some extra software to the computer to do bt activesync ... could be the case
    Fuzzy
    Kyo 6035, Sam I300, Sam I330, Kyo 7315, Treo 600, Sam I600, Sam I700, GL1000, HP6315, SX56, PDA2K, Jam, Xv6600 W/cam, Treo 650, I730 Wm2K3, Treo 700W, I730 w/WM 5.0, XV6700, Moto Q (Silver), Treo 700WX, xv6700 wm6, Moto Q Black, Moto Q9m, Sam I760, xv6800, xv6900, Q9C, Touch Pro, iPhone 3G 16G, iPhone 3gs 32G ... not even gonna list the non converged units

I can do BT activesync, but I was wondering how I can do it from the computer side only. For example, if the phone is in my bag or pocket, I'd like to use my computer to hook up to EVDO without having to touch the phone.

bluetooth dun

i just recently ordered a usb bluetooth dongle. from pricewatch.com. cheapest one available. took little bit of time to figure out how to work the software, it comes with bluesoleil. click on orange ball and it detects devices, then click on dial up. and it connects without touching the phone. it brings up a screen to which you have to put your username and password for your evdo connection. along with the digits that dialout to connect. it's not the fastest connection but it works. pdanet will do the same thing. but don't seem to want to connect EVERY time you want to use it. but it does surf faster then using the actual bluetooth program. you defenitly have to reboot the phone and laptop though to have your best chance of making pdanet connect everytime you use it. once it works, u can't just log off and log on without reboot on both devices. the only complaint i have with usb dongle. I DIDN'T BOTHER TO CHECK FOR VISTA REQUIREMENT. have to use laptop with xp. software won't load on vista and vista won't load the drivers. only works with 98, me, 2000, or xp.

i've been doing a lot of search for this capability as i recently ordered the nokia 770. kinda tired of little screen for internet. needless to say the nokia don't connect using bluetooth. come up with a LOT OF SIGHTS. that say bluetooth DUN is crippled on 700wx. there are even direct links to palm websight saying sprint will issues update sometime soon. verizon just issued there update. thought i was S.O.L. but i ordered it anyways, AND IT DOES WORK. no phone hacking whatsoever.
    Last edited by snowwy66; 07-28-2007 at 09:38 AM.

i did get the bluetooth dun working on my verizon 700wx just by pairing it then using the bluetooth modem. i did my 10digit#@vzw3g.com for user and for pass the vzw and number to be dialed the #777 no pdanet i would help ya on the sprint end but i dont know what there details are for the user and pass
    Women Want Me Fish Fear Me

bluetooth dun

just a little info. pdanet connects and downloads 2-3 times faster then doing the dial up through the bluetooth software. which isn't much faster then regular phone line.

with sprint you enter your email address they supply you with for internet. then your password. AND #777.

Can You Hear Me Now ?! AFAngryWarrior's Avatar
    I found PDANet to be much faster than that, it was running fast enough where pages were loading almost as fast as my home computer on cable, it was a little slower, but I really like PDANet.

Quote Originally Posted by snowwy66 View Post
    just a little info. pdanet connects and downloads 2-3 times faster then doing the dial up through the bluetooth software. which isn't much faster then regular phone line.

with sprint you enter your email address they supply you with for internet. then your password. AND #777.
    That doesn't work. Atleast not with the n800 and the 700wx.