+ Reply to Thread

Evdo-Pay-As-You-Go

What exactly is

Evdo-Pay-As-You-Go? by Verizon..

Thanks
    Marg.

It's for EV-DO equipped laptop users so far. $15 dollars for a 24 hour session. They support BroadbandAccess Session Pricing on the following mobile PCs:

* Dell Latitude D620 and Latitude D820
    * Lenovo Thinkpad Z60, T60 and X60 Notebooks
    * HP Compaq nc6140 and nc6320 Notebook PCs

It's really for people who do not have a Verizonwireless voice plan but do have one of those laptops.

Hi,

i'm sorry, i didn't specify my question is about using a cell phone and one of the options on the bill i have noticed that i am assigned to this plan.

Evdo-Pay-As-You-Go
    $.0150 per Kilobyte

My question is? is this for my internet usage on my cell.

Thanks
    Marg

That's what it is. I didn't realize they started doing this for phones as well. You really should get the Unlimited data plan if you use you phone for internet access very often. Being billed per kilobyte can get expensive quick depending on the sites you visit.

Can You Hear Me Now ?! AFAngryWarrior's Avatar
    How is this a Treo 700wx Question? You should have posted in the Verizon / PDA Data Card forum...

Cool Could be

Quote Originally Posted by AFAngryWarrior View Post
    How is this a Treo 700wx Question? You should have posted in the Verizon / PDA Data Card forum...
    If Megg is planning on tethering 700wx to her computer. Unlimited data plan is way to go for this. Read something once about an additional $15.00 a month accessfee for doing this.
    Verizon Palm Treo 700wx, WM 5, SDW11G -- SDIO 802.11b/g Wireless LAN SD Card, FLASH 4G|TRANSCEND SD TS4GSD150 R, MemMaid 2.0, Magic Button, TREO Alerts, TC Reset, Resco Explorer 2007, Spb Pocket Plus 3.2, IM+, SKTools, Sprite Backup 5.0, Risidoro Intent MIDlet Manager, TCPMP

I did a little more research on this and EV-DO Pay as you go on cellphones/PDAs it seems to be a legacy from an earlier VZW calling plan. The current plans do not offer this feature. I saw that rate listed in a HowardsForum Post from 2004 HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - Un-Official Verizon Wireless FAQs and Policy Thread--Read before asking questions but I can't find it on the VZW site anymore.