+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Poor battery life on XDA IIi (UK)

Hi All - I'm experiencing poor battery life on my new XDA IIi. This is my second machine (o2 replaced the forst one due to poor battery lifery life and dead pixels on screen)

I just wondered what others are experiencing...I tend to have the phone switched from 8am til 6pm. The signal strength is good and I have wifi and bluetooth turned off.

Here is a typical set of figures for the battery through the course of my typical day

8am 100%
    9am 84%
    10am 75%
    11am 61%
    12am 50%
    1pm 41%
    2pm 32%
    3pm 19%
    4pm 11%
    5pm 6%
    6pm 3%

O2 say that the battery is at fault...but they've changed the battery twice and the unit once, and it's much the same. My guess is that something is draining the battery, but there's nothing special about my set up as far as I know. it's running a 1 gig SD card...but I took that out to see if it made a difference - it doesn't

Even with the phone switched OFF for extended periods of time, the battery doesn't seem to survive the day - I certainly cannot get to 8pm in the evening without having to charge it up.

I just wonder if the behaviour is fairly normal! If someone else out there is able to offer me some advice, or better still, some comparable figures, that would be helpful - just so I know it's not just me!!! ))

Alternatively has any one got any suggestiosn as to what might be draining the battery? (I'm always in a strong signal area for the phone)

Thanks
    Steve Palmer

Re: Poor battery life on XDA IIi (UK)

Originally posted by SteveP8
    [B]Hi All - I'm experiencing poor battery life on my new XDA IIi. This is my second machine (o2 replaced the forst one due to poor battery lifery life and dead pixels on screen)
    Dead pixels!!! I've just bought two and as yet have no dead pixels.

As for your battery is your IR on all the time? I think the default is on all the time.

I've also turned off BT and WiFi and have managed a full days use ending it after 24hrs with 20% charge.

Does that help?

Battery on XDAIIi

Thanks for the reply. Yes IR is off...so is everything else
    Steve Palmer

Battery on XDAIIi

Thanks for the reply. Yes IR is off...so is everything else
    Steve Palmer

Steve - I have to admit that I'm now clueless. I think that IR and WiFi will drain your battery, fairly sure that BT won't so I'm thinking that perhaps the revision of firmware could be an issue.

What revision is your phone at?

Battery

How do I tell the firmware version??
    Steve Palmer

OK - this is cool, it's kind of like when I was a tech support guy [get's dewy eyed] - anyway from the Start button tap Settings and then the System tab. From ther you should see an icon called Device Information, forgive me, but that's device information particular to you phone.

My ROM version [firmware] is v 1.31.00 WWE

and dated 12/13/04 - which is bloody Yank for the 13th December last year!

ROM

It's 1.10 DATED 12/24/04
    Steve Palmer

do you think of using replacement/extended batteries that give a longer run time?

Hi Gary

You can't get an extended battery for the XDAIIi - they only come in one size 1300 mah I think
    Steve Palmer

Hi Steve,

I work in a battery manufacturer co. - named Mugen Power Battery. We produce a 1800mAh replacement standard battery for XDA IIi that double the run time of the original one.

battery double life

Wow! That's impressive. So what does it double it to...?

Is there a link where I can read more..?
    Steve Palmer

I refer to the normal runtime - a couple of hours a day running a few basic programs, playing a game or two and surfing the net.

In fact, we are having a full test on our batteries. Just to let you know one of the result - When playing movie on full back light with volume set to the middle, the origial last for 3 hrs and our battery can last for more than 4.5 hours. The test is still undergoing on other usuage and I will let you know the result if you feel interested.

By the way, we also have a extended battery for XDAIIi.

Yes, I am interested...can you give me some details regarding the 'extended' battery

Thanks
    Steve Palmer

It's a little bit thicker that gives more capacity and will come with a back cover, as it is still undergoing tests, I will keep you update our result.

cheers

That's great. I'm glad you mentioned the cover because that's the restricting factor isn't it..?

Yes, please keep me posted - thank you
    Steve Palmer

one way to give more capacity (mAh) is to put more cell inside the battery that results in larger size. of course, other factors like internal design, toolings, circuit, etc. all affect the performance (eg. runtime) of a battery.

also try loading new firmware, noticed better batterylife

Firmware

Thanks Craig. DO you have alink for this?

Steve
    Steve Palmer

www.clubimate.com register for free, go to support and can download latest rom